Saturday, April 17, 2010

geraldine chaplin on diet

"my method is no method to be recommended to anyone. it's completely erratic. if i see i'm getting overweight, i psych myself into not eating. i use diet pills, diuretics, any capsule to stop. i tell myself food is horrible, that i am an ethereal creature who does not such disgusting things as to eat or to eliminate, or i think of all the romantic heroines who died of consumption. and i end up eating vast amounts of laxatives, having great purges on overdoses of laxatives. i do this for three days and then my stomach shrinks. it think i'm dying in the mornings. i dont do anything healthy like exercise. as i say this is not a method to be recommended."
it isn't indeed.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't mind me asking, did Ms. Chaplin really say this? When and to whom?

    ReplyDelete